About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Friday 8 May 2009

PIQUED BY THE PIC

MONDAY 4TH MAY 2009

Well Well!!! Jacquie was most upset by the response to my ‘Sunrise’ photo. Two comments. One from Julia from NB POPPY and another from Tor, a very special person. Thank you both. Jacquie is supposed to be SKYY’s ‘art’ photographer, I am supposed to just take reference photos to record our adventure, still that’s what happens when I’m abandoned.

Today we said goodbye to Thrupp, it had been a convenient and charming place for the last week, but Oxford City centre was our intended destination, but a little delayed as I thought I recognized a young lady at the tiller of a passing boat, as the ‘famous’ Canal Boat magazine columnist, Mortimer Bones. Maffi from NB MILLIE M confirmed that it was indeed and so that I would, in the future, have a claim to fame, I introduced myself. The result was that Mortimer invited Jacquie and I to join them and other boaters for tea and cakes at the newly opened, Annie’s Tea Room in the Thrupp Yard.

We eventually said goodbye and I will now read Mortimer’s column and blog with even more interest.

We eventually stopped about a mile North of Oxford; we were concerned by the supposed shortage of visitor moorings in Oxford. As we took an evening walk along the towpath we realized there was plenty of space closer to the centre, but we decided to stay put and catch a bus tomorrow into the city.

No comments: