About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Saturday 29 August 2009

I COULDN’T GIVE TWO HOOTS

TUESDAY 18TH TO THURDAY 20TH AUGUST 2009

On Tuesday we had some serious locking to do and Johanne quickly learnt the importance of ensuring that only one set of paddles are opened at any one time. A walk into the village of Stockton, with now only one of its two pubs open, finished the day.


Wednesday saw us arriving at Wigrams Turn, to early to return to our mooring so we decided to go East towards the Folly Pub for a lunch time drink in the sunshine. I know from experience that things can get a little congested at the Wigrams crossroad, so as usual I gave a long blast on my extremely loud portable air horn and hearing no response proceeded gently to turn right, as I came from under the bridge, to my surprise there were two boats approaching, the first one attempting to turn under the bridge, some vigorous forward and reverse throttle saved the day, but I just don’t understand why the other boaters didn’t acknowledge with their hooters and slow down when they must have heard my warning blast, this is not an unusual scenario.

The Holly Bush pub in Priors Marston provided us with an excellent meal and good service in attractive surroundings. It’s about to change ownership, lets hope that that’s the only thing that changes.

It was up early on Thursday morning to leave at six thirty to run Agnes and Johanne to Birmingham Airport for their return to Bavaria. We all had had a great time and it was with traditional German hugs that we said farewell.

No comments: