About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Monday 23 April 2012

DON’T ASK FOR CREDIT


 MONDAY 23RD APRIL 2012                                        

We had again moored in a very attractive setting, which whilst I was hurriedly tying up yesterday afternoon, before the rain returned I hadn’t fully appreciated. The sun was out today and it actually felt warm, it was also encouraging to see water continuing to pour of the surrounding fields into the canal and with more rain forecast for the week hopefully it should prevent any more drought related canal closures.



We cruised about six miles to Stoke Golding, passing the delightfully set Ashby Canal Centre at Wykin Bridge with their smart fleet of red hire boats.

There are good moorings for the attractive villages of Stoke Golding and its close neighbour, Dadlington, on the opposite side to the towpath. We walked through both villages and with a choice of three pubs decided on the Dog & Hedgehog in Dadlington only to realise that I hadn’t got my wallet, disaster! At least SKYY isn’t dry.

No comments: