About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Sunday 11 May 2008

DIAMONDS IN THE SKYY

WEDNESDAY 7TH MAY2008

Oh well, best laid plans!! We had a call from P & L, on Tuesday to say, that they had to wait another week after Stanley’s last injection before they could expose him to the world. Another date for late May has been set aside for their visit and we spent the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday doing boaty things, like, enabling the engine hatch to be locked down. I keep all my tools down in the engine bay, which would be a considerable cost to replace if they got stolen, also I had heard that boats batteries have been known to disappear. It seemed prudent to be able to secure the engine bay if having to leave the boat in a less salubrious area.




Paul from WaterWay Routes suggested that we should have the name of the boat in the two empty panels on the bow, we had been considering putting some diamonds and circles patterns in these panels, so I set about mocking up a combination of SKYY and diamonds, not quite Diamonds in the Sky, but I think it works. We will leave it taped on he the left side panel for a few days to see if we still like it.

No comments: