About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Monday 26 May 2008

SPRAYING FOR BLUE SKYY

MONDAY 19TH MAY 2008

We needed to get the loo tank pumped out, but unfortunately we were facing the wrong way for Trinity Marina, the only way, was to cruise the four or five miles back to the junction of the Ashby and Coventry canals, turn round and come all the way back again. Fortunately just beyond bridge 8 there is a 90 degree turn and I was able to swing the boat there, so saving about 5 miles. We pumped out and refueled and moved onto bridge 17a ,which is right beside the Triumph Motorcycle Factory, I will be tempted to see if there is time to visit.

As the wind had dropped and the day was warm, I decided to try out one of the SKYY templates on the bow, so masked off and sprayed. We left it to dry whilst we got back on the bikes and pedaled off to Morrisons. Jacquie was certain that we wouldn’t get it all packed into the panniers, but we did.

On return I excitedly removed the masking tape and newspaper, to find that some spay had managed to seep under the tape, but with cotton buds and white spirit I cleaned up the edges and it looks OK, not perfect, but OK.

No comments: