About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Saturday 8 November 2008

MORE CHUMS

TUESDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2008

Long time friends of Jacquie and now mine, Barbara & Jim, had driven up from Devon on Monday, overnighted in Stratford -upon-Avon, before arriving early in the morning at the marina on a cold, but bright & breezy day. They had been following the blog of SKYY, but were anxious to experience first hand, what I was making Jacquie suffer, so that I could indulge myself with living on a boat. After coffee we set off for a short trip, just down to Napton Bottom Lock, before turning round and stopping for lunch. A walk up to the locks allowed Barbara and Jim to watch a couple of boats work there way up and down. We then cruised back to the Bridge Pub for dinner. The moorings near the pub were all taken, but helpful moorers happily adjusted their mooring lines to make room for us. Thanks Guys.




We all dined well at the Bridge. I had the water buffalo steak pie, an unusual offering, apparently there is a herd of buffalo locally, the texture is like steak, but the taste is a little stronger, a good choice.

No comments: