About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Thursday 17 June 2010

BIRTHDAY BOY

FRIDAY 11TH JUNE 2010

This would be the day to ask Jacquie “Will you still love me when I’m 64” or more correctly “Do you still love me now I’m 64” The answer was, wait for it, YESSSSSS!!! I am a lucky fella!! Presents and cards opened, my main present was a new all singing, dancing, 10x zoom digital camera to replace the one stolen in Chester, didn’t mention that at the time, but it was stolen from the top of the boat whilst we were moored a mile or so to the north of Chester, I shouldn’t have left it there, whilst I took Duggie for a walk, just a few cyclists and joggers, but also a group of lads and I guess it was too tempting, I will know better in the future, certainly as we eventually move on through the Manchester suburbs.




Today though, we moved out of Tattenhall Marina in convoy with N.B. Angonoka. We stopped after less than three miles, just before Wharton Lock with a grand view up to Beeston Castle, but we set of by foot in the other direction, for the three mile walk to Tarporley. Don & Judy lead the way, through huge fields of Rape, the two dogs chasing each other all the way. The Rising Sun Pub in the middle of the delightful small town, served up a delicious lunch, two huge pies for Jacquie and me and seafood risottos’ for Don & Judy. Coffee and cake was taken later in the afternoon before we walked back to enjoy Champagne and chocolates in the sunshine on the towpath, a lovely day.


No comments: