About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Monday 14 June 2010

PIE IN THE SKYY

TUESDAY 8th JUNE

The van had to be returned to Wrexham first thing Tuesday morning and we thought on the way we would call into Aldi. Out with the SatNav and in with the LLX XXX post codes, but it was unable to find Aldi or Enterprise Car Hire until Jacquie pointed out that maybe Wrexham isn’t in England, good point, enter ‘Wales’ first and up they popped.
I had forgotten to mention in my previous blog the wonderful steak and mushroom pie that Jacquie made, delicious, fortunately it was too big to eat in one go and it was just as good the next day.


Another moment of excitement, Jacquie had seen that PHYLLIS MAY II was moored on the other side of Tattenhall Marina, and when I checked it out, somebody, who might have been Mr Terry Darlington, was doing some polishing, surely Mr Darlington, with his celebratory status would have somebody to do that for him, but no, when I strolled around and introduced myself, it most certainly was Himself, a pleasant chat ensued, if only I hadn’t lent my copy he would have signed it, might be worth a fortune on EBay. Unfortunately there was no sign of Monica or Jim and his new chum, so I couldn’t introduce Duggie.

No comments: