About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Monday 30 May 2011

PISSOTIÈRE?

SATURDAY 21ST MAY 2011


During my early morning walk with Duggie I came upon this interesting plaque, I assume it was an ancient urinal of some description, but I can’t find a definitive explanation. Any answers?




Jacquie had wanted to visit the Lowry Gallery at Salford Quays the last time we were in Manchester, but it didn’t happen, this time however we caught the Metro and alighted at the Quays, We had no idea that the docks here, were so large and now totally unused except by small sail boats and canoes. It was all very smart though and comprised a outlet shopping centre, The Imperial War Museum North as well as the Lowry Foundation, which is a theatre as well as the gallery. We both enjoyed this comprehensive collection of Lowry’s work and our understanding of this simple but complex man was aided by an excellent twenty minute film.




In the afternoon I enjoyed an amble around the Museum of Science and Industry, but before I could complete my tour of the sewers it was closing time. There are so many halls to explore, Power, Electric, Gas, Flight, to mention a few it’s not possible to do it all in one go.

No comments: