About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Wednesday 15 April 2009

UP UP AND AWAY

TUESDAY 14TH APRIL 2009

Shopping, loads of it. Aldi and Tescos at Daventry provided all we needed to stock up SKYY with the basics. We parked the car at the marina and said goodbye to it.

After a quick visit to the quayside for a pump out and three bags of coal, we were on our way. The sun was really warm on our backs and our fronts, courtesy of the twists and turns of the Oxford Canal. It was great to be out on the cut again, passing pleasantries to other canal users. Jacquie needed no encouraging putting her back to the paddles and beams of the Napton Flight of locks and we moored up for the night at Marston Doles, Jacquie having selected the precise place, ensuring a good TV and radio reception.

Another little job that I did over the last few days, was to shorten the chrome tiller arm. My anonymous friend JB, who recently left a comment, had been urging me to do this for ages and I have indeed now removed twelve inches. This gives more space for friends to perch on the taff rail without the risk of being swept overboard if a sudden need to apply full rudder should arise and also for the steerer to sit on the taff rail and comfortably hold the wooden handle of the tiller arm. The extra effort required to apply rudder under maneuvering power is soon got used to and I am sure JB will be please with this adjustment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About bloody time to.
I'm sure Jacquie won't miss the 12"

JB