About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Sunday 29 June 2008

CAPTAIN SPEEDO

SUNDAY 22ND JUNE 2008

We were aroused from our mid morning torpor by a rude banging on he side of the boat. It was Kim and John with enough booze to sink/float Skyy. Still they were going to be onboard for nearly a week.

It was bright but very windy, so we decided to stay put and catch up with news from the home front. In the afternoon we decided to walk the half mile into Clifton. The river Cherwell passes through Clifton but various off shoots pass under the road, before we got to the village and whilst peering into the sun dappled depths, Jacquie’s designer sunglasses, slipped of her nose and went plop, right into the centre of the stream.

I immediately went into recovery mode, but I was foiled by the slippery bank and the depth of water. Back to the boat to write up a Risk Assessment and return suitable equipped. Not knowing how deep I was going to have to venture it was off with the shorts and safely roped up John lowered me over the precipice. Fortunately the very handy ‘lazy tongs’ (bought to recover things from the canal) enabled me to recover the glasses at the first attempt. I AM A HERO, OFFICIAL!!!

I was revived at the Duke of Cumberlands’s Head, before heading back to Skyy.

No comments: