About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Sunday 29 June 2008

SISTER SUNSHINE

SATURDAY 21ST JUNE 2008

My Sister arrived to a disappointingly damp day, but we set off towards Somerton Bridge, where there is a turning point, but on the way there is the twelve foot deep Somerton Lock, which was a spectacular introduction to someone who wouldn’t know a lock from key, particular as the lock keepers cottage, had had a charming restoration.
We missed the rather undersize turning point, but with the help of my new sixteen foot pole we reversed back and eventually turned her round and stopped for lunch.


The sun did it’s best to break through, but lost the battle, but it was great to see my sunny little sister, who really enjoyed her brief trip, but we hope she will be able to join us for a proper trip sometime.

No comments: