About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Friday 6 June 2008

COVENTRY CLIMAX

THURSDAY 29TH MAY 2008

The Transport Museum was fabulous and along with the sunshine my feeling for Coventry was somewhat restored, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to spend anywhere near enough time there as we were meeting Ashley (Jacquie's son) at the railway station at midday, but I soon realized how many car and engine manufacturers had been based in Coventry and not surprising that the German High Command had decided to take City out.

Jacquie had been doing the shops, but we met up in Spon Street, where there is a rather straggly collection of medieval buildings, which had survived the blitz in different city locations and had subsequently been relocated to this area, sadly it didn’t really work.

As soon as Ashley was onboard we said good bye to Mr. Brindley and headed back up the Coventry Canal and turned onto the Oxford at Hawksbury Junction, and surprise, we immediately came upon a stop lock. It was so long since we had encountered a lock and this one only had a difference in water level of about nine inches and I was, for a moment, confused as to whether I had to let the water in or out. I soon got it sorted and we moored just a little further on, surrounded again by rural tranquility.

No comments: