About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Friday 6 June 2008

TRAIN SPOTTING

FRIDAY 30TH MAY 2008

For the first time, I allowed somebody else to take control of Skyy whilst I walked the towpath, my confidence in Ashley’s ability was not misplaced, but it was a little nerve racking not being able to take over the helm when things got a bit tight.

We had decided to stop for the day at Stretton Stop, from where we would be able to walk into the little village of Brinklow, but as we moored up we noticed a number of train spotters were lurking about, I must admit that I didn’t immediately realize that they were train spotters, until they asked if we had arrived to witness the steam train that was going to whiz pass. I duly climbed onto the roof and waited so long that just as I bent down to grab a fleece a locomotive and one carriage thundered passed on the adjacent track, allowing me just a fleeting opportunity to get a picture. Train spotting is definitely not me.


Brinklow turned out to be an attractive spacious town with a church on a slope and three pubs, of which The Bull quenched our thirst.

No comments: