About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Tuesday 28 October 2008

GOT IT TAPED

SUNDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2008

An extremely wet morning with a forecast for better weather after midday persuaded me to delay departure until that weather arrived. It did eventually, but only left me a couple of hours to reach Fazeley Junction. We had been through this junction before, on our way back from Birmingham, but coming in from another direction it looked quite different. It provided a quiet, attractive mooring, right in the centre of the town opposite Peel’s Wharf, named after Robert Peel, who transformed this area and was the father of the Prime Minister. Another point of interest is that Cash’s name tapes were and are still made in the canal side mill, I am sure that we have all had those tapes sewn inside our PE kits in the past.

No comments: