About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Wednesday 8 October 2008

A PROPPER MESS

SATURDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 2008

Jacquie went to the butchers and I changed the oil and filter, having purchased the correct filter yesterday. Whilst I was down the engine hole, I decided to lift the weed hatch and check the propeller as I thought that there was unusual vibration at low revs. I was right; a substantial length of blue mooring line was tightly wound around the prop shaft. My trusty diving knife made short work of hacking through the many twists of the rope and apart from a cold wet arm, job done, that was the first real work that my diving knife had ever encountered, never having been attacked by a shark.

A beautiful day, and after we cleaned the boat we went for a walk along the river bank, filling in the time before K & J arrived. We just hoped that the good weather would stay for their visit. They arrived in good time, just before it got dark and we spent the evening with the customary excess of food, booze and chocolate.

No comments: