About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Tuesday 28 October 2008

SICK & SINGLE

SATURDAY 4TH OCTOBER 2008

Jacquie woke feeling decidedly unwell, so I said I would press on single handed to get back to Napton as fast as possible so that Jacquie could visit her own doctor.

My first time working the boat single handed and I was overwhelmed by the help that was given by other boaters as well gongoozlers. The first time was through the last lock immediately before the junction and the very nice lady also opened and closed the little swing bridge for me, many thanks.


The wind and rain hit hard by early afternoon so I stopped just before the Wryley and Essington Canal. A main railway line passes over the canal here on a brand new bridge, in fact the whole line and other visible bridges all looked brand new. There was a yellow contraption on the track which stopped every few yards and made strange noises before moving on and repeating the process. I assume that this is a new high speed track but has anybody got any ideas where it might be going to and from.

No comments: