About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

PICTURE PERFECT

THURSDAY 18TH JUNE 2009

Time to move on and eight locks had us rising up the Chiltern hills until we reached the summit level at Cowroast, where we turned in through the extremely narrow entrance to the marina. Self-service pumpout and diesel, very trusting. A good chandlery provided my long overdue oil, fuel and air filters, and the necessary oil.

On the way up I saw this little boat and to my amazement I realized that it was a fully working smithy. I had a long chat with Nick, the blacksmith and admired his specialty, exploded calor gas canisters, plus his other more ‘arty’ work, a great guy, I’m glad I stopped to talk.


Only a little further and we moored for the night. The situation looked suitable for deploying my sat dish, with no obstructions to the south/east and sure enough I got over 50% signal quality and a perfect picture, allowing us to watch Jennifer Aniston in Picture Perfect.

No comments: