About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Tuesday 16 June 2009

SPOILT BIRTHDAY BOY

THURSDAY 11TH JUNE 2009

My Birthday!!! And not only Jacquie to spoil me but also, Cindy, Jackie, Pauline and Nikki, who arrived at 10.30am bearing cards, chocolate and wine, a good start to the day.

Jackie had been with us before, but to give the others a little taster, we cruised on three locks before turning round and stopping for lunch. The forecast had promised showers, but it was sunshine all the time except for a little shower whilst we lunched




I was the envy of all the other skippers that we passed, and greatly admired in the Waterside Inn for my harem of lovelies. Sadly the restaurant didn’t come up to our exacting demands, but we didn’t let that spoil the day.

Jackie was staying with us for a few days and we said goodbye to the others and bade them a save journey back to Surrey around the M25.

No comments: