About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

MUFFINS AND VODKA

WEDNESBURY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2008

Jacquie felt that a swim would be beneficial, so we stepped out the mile and a half to the leisure centre and by the time we arrived I felt that a muffin and coffee would be much more beneficial, but Jacquie went straight off for a half an hours swim, saving her coffee and muffin for after her swim.

Wandering back through the town, imagine our surprise!! Outside a bar was a poster saying “SKYY Vodka served here” this is the first time we have ever seen anything regarding the American brand of vodka. I naturally had to go in and see if I could blag one of the posters. Unfortunately not, but even the better, the owner gave us a SKYY ice bucket and an empty blue SKYY bottle, I would have bought a bottle but as they only sell it in shots, a full bottle would have cost over £40, this confirms what had always been considered, Mac is a cheapskate. Now all that remains is to decide how best to display our trophy.

No comments: