About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

OIL BE DAMMNED

THURSDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2008

Jacquie took the opportunity of the excellent, half hourly train service to London, to visit her Dad and meet up with Ashely; I took the opportunity to be very lazy.

I had every intention not to be lazy; in fact I intended to change the engine oil and oil filter. I already had the oil, but needed the filter, after I left Jacquie at the station I walked on to the local branch of Halfords which fortunately was just behind the railway station. I strolled in with the part no from the carton of the last oil filter used, but of course Halfords have there own range with completely different numbers and silly me I thought I would be able to identify the correct on by eye, but there were dozens of different sizes I cursed and bought a newspaper instead.

I met Jacquie at the station in the evening and we enjoyed an Indian meal on the way back to the boat. I suppose I walked about six miles all together that day, so not so lazy after all.

No comments: