About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Friday 21 May 2010

DISHING IT UP

MONDAY 17TH TO TUESDAY 18TH MAY 2010

We did a final shop in Whitchurch. the walk to and from the centre seems to take no time at all now and I was able to point out to Jacquie some of the towns best features that I had seen whilst she was in London.

We got away just after lunch, having overstayed two nights, but a small contribution to the Whitchurch Waterways Trust via Ken, the Warden for the Whitchurch Arm and everybody was happy. We moored close to the village of Marbury, with beautiful views and good satellite TV reception.

On Tuesday morning I walked Duggie into Marbury village and was blown away by stunning location of the church and Little Mere immediately below the graveyard. I said to a young mum with her toddler, that this would be a beautiful place to spend eternity, she responded that Heaven would be even better, but as she then told me that she was the vicars wife I didn’t take our conversation any further down that route.



Our onward journey was delayed at Wrenbury as all the hydraulic pipes to the electrically operated lift bridge were being replaced. The engineers said that this was routine maintenance and they would be finished in twenty minutes. They were almost as good as their word and within thirty minutes we were under the bridge and backed into the ABC boatyard for diesel. The weather was perfect and we arrived at the Hurleston locks late afternoon and bade farewell to the helpful lock-keeper and lovely Llangollen Canal.

A few minutes later we moored just before the Nantwich Basin and I set the TV to tune in the Satellite dish when I realised I had full reception of every TV channel. How amazing is that, not being a gambling man, but I did wondered what the odds are in managing to moor at exactly the same point of the compass as the night before, I suppose it’s 360 to 1.

1 comment:

Jonson said...

Hi, You have very good blog with images and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.