About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Sunday 16 May 2010

FRANK ON THE PLANK

WEDNESDAY 12TH MAY 2010

The decision as to where Frank and Jacky would leave us and get a taxi back to Llangollen, was dependant upon the weather, and as the previous days, it was bright but chilly, they decided to stay with us to Ellesmere. Although we arrived at the Frankton Locks by 12.15 we were fourth in the queue and it took nearly two hours to get back onto the Llangollen canal, We stopped for lunch, but couldn’t get SKYY close into the bank and the gangplank had to be deployed, hence the title to this blog, I’m afraid I couldn’t resist it, I know I’m sad!!! A few minutes after leaving this spot we passed a proper mooring place, with rings and everything, still I wouldn’t have been able to get that picture of Frank on the plank if we had stopped there.


An hour later we reached Ellesmere and a taxi met us at the end of the arm and within twenty minutes, Frank and Jacky were in their car heading back to Surrey and we returned to SKYY for a late afternoon nap.

No comments: