About Me

My photo
70 now and our five wonderful years aboard our narrowboat Skyy seem along time ago. Jacquie, allowed me to build my replica three wheeler kit car, which was a great success. Now it's time to start on a bigger project and that is to make a good Triumph Stag even better, here goes.

Saturday 15 May 2010

THE SOURCE OF THE CANAL

SATURDAY 8TH MAY 2010

Jacquie shopped and I cleaned the boat in readiness for inspection, when Jacky and Frank arrived tomorrow. In the afternoon, when the sky brightened we walked the mile and a half to the Horseshow Falls. This is were the water from the Dee, is fed into the start of the canal before the River drops off the Horseshoe and starts its rock passage down to Llangollen. a steam railway trundles alongside, but mostly out of sight and a horse drawn trip boat plies up and down. Half way along there is a car and motorcycle museum, but I resisted the urge to visit.


No comments: